Saturday, October 9, 2010

Halfway Mark aka 12hr point aka Status Update #3

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?
The Maze Runner (still x.x')
2. How many books have you read so far?
None completed working on one
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
If I finish The Maze Runner I hope to start The Clone Codes
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Nope, I am more of a go with the flow type of girl
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Chatting with online friends...I chatted with them which made me lose more reading time..
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
I never thought it would be this hard to juggle being a cheerleader and reading at the same time. Oh! And staying off of the computer while reading, or getting off the computer after I update my status
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Not really..Well not that I can think of at the moment but I believe there is a way that there is a way to improve the Read-A-Thon
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Set out a more strict schedual for myself, and actually keep track of time of the time I spend on the computer and how many hours I spend reading
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Not really. I'm more of a night-owl then anything...
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Well to be honest, I have no good advice that majority of the people who participated in the Read-A-Thon already doesn't know, and so at this current moment no I don't.

Status Update:
Title of book(s) read since last update: The Maze Runner
Number of books read since you started: 0
Pages read since last update: 69 I think... D': I can't remember
Running total of pages read since you started: 215 I think..
Amount of time spent reading since last update: Around 2hrs and 11 minutes
Running total of time spent reading since you started: About 4 hrs and 41 minutes
Mini-challenges completed: Uhh... I think about 5 or 6
Other participants you’ve visited: 1 or 2 I forget...
Prize you’ve won: None..That I know of atleast .-.
------
13th Hour Mini-Challenge
(Working as fast as I can)


Overall this equals an epic fail...Considering I haven't really been cheering people on all that much and I haven't read all that much either... Pfftt... I don't have the right to call myself a good reader...

6 comments:

  1. You got this!!! :) Don't get down! Definitely not a fail! I haven't been reading or cheering as much as I'd liked to be! Either way, I'm happy to be getting to some books I've been wanting to read or finish!

    Anyways, I’m Jamie–one of your cheerleaders ready to cheer you on! Sometimes when I was in college and I would be doing marathon paper writing (not that the readthon isn’t fun!!) I would need just a quick stretch and a laugh and for whatever reason laughing babies always did the trick to make me giggle and then get back done to business! Here’s one of my favorites:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0BaDOm0vVA&feature=related

    You can do it!! Keep chugging along and remember to have fun! PS. I'm jealous you are reading The Maze Runner!!

    Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1, 2, 3, 4
    Hope your book isn’t a bore
    5, 6, 7, 8
    And your readathon is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not a fail! Be Positive. Here is my cheer for you. Ready, OK. Go Reader, Go Reader, Be Reading, Keep Reading, Yeah Book Lovers! Shaking my pom-poms. Chin up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought The Clone Codes and I too hope to read it soon. This read-a-thon just isn't long enough for me, so I didn't even try to join. But I have had fun checking in with other people and seeing how they are doing. Especially when they are reading dystopia!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy the rest of the readathon and that you enjoy blogging, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard good things about The Maze Runner. Hope it's keeping you awake ;)

    ReplyDelete